Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Please pray for the crew & their family

When I heard about the hijack that happened in Somalia, I just ignored it until I heard the name of the company that owns that vessel: VELA. I immediately turned the volume on and crossed my fingers coz my Dad works for one of Vela's ships, MT LIBRA STAR. I freaked out for a minute there! I was relieved when I found out that the name of the ship that was hijacked is MT SIRIUS STAR! PHEW! But still, I couldn't help but feel sorry for the family and love ones of the crew.. The one responsible for the safety of the ship is the 2nd mate, which is my Dad's job. He said in one of his calls that they have high-tech equipments that could monitor unidentified ships or possible pirate ships, however, during that time Sirius Star settled in SE of Mombasa 450 miles and away from the danger zone so the 2nd mate in charge didn't turn on the alarm system that automatically shuts the entrance & exit passageway of the ship. These Somalian pirates are really pain-in-the-ass! They know exactly where to attack considering most ships usually pass through the Gulf of Aden where there are navy ships guarding the area. Too bad at that time, the officer changed route to avoid the pirates. Instead of following the usual route, they took a different one and landed as captives. I heard they (Somalian pirates) demand for a ransom. Too bad Dad's info was inaccurate cz according to the VELA office in Manila, the crew is still held captive & the worst part, 2 boats are loading stuffs from the crew. Yes! Pirates are stealing the crew's stuffs & the ship's ammenities! Baga ug lepz! Those bastards should rot in prison! The Brits better do something bout their pets! The ransom, BTW, is $50M...guess what, one of the insiders told me that one of the ships was sold around $49M!!! But it was really intended to be sold since VELA bought new ships... bongga! tubusa pd ng mga crew woe! letse! The info about the negotiations is still unknown since the owners of VELA are avoiding the media..(alangan, dili bya pwed mo hatag ug ransom.) It's so similar to what happened to Ces Orena Drilon. Media was not informed about the ransom. It's t0o damn impossible that kidnappers would just let you go without a "boarding & lodging" fee... ;) What do they think of us, stupid?! sheeesh!

No comments: